Yuto24

RS485 Roboteq Motor Driver in FX5U-32MR

7 posts in this topic

Greetings

I'm new in RS-485 protocol and I need to communicate a motor driver from Roboteq which is "FBL2360" whit a FX5U-32MR.

I'm confused of how to get the proper connection and how to transfer data from the PLC to the driver

Edited by Yuto24

The RS485 protocol seems to support mobus so this would be easiest to use.

page 11:

RS485 Communication RS485 is an industry standard for defining serial communication. Due to its balanced signalling, RS485 is effective over distances, even if other electrical signals are present. Its stability makes it well suited to connect multiple receivers to a single network. You can operate RS485 in half-duplex mode and it is well suited for use with the Modbus protocol. On the 25-pin connector, RS485+ and RS485- pins are present.

Edited by Gambit

6 hours ago, Gambit said:

The RS485 protocol seems to support mobus so this would be easiest to use.

page 11:

RS485 Communication RS485 is an industry standard for defining serial communication. Due to its balanced signalling, RS485 is effective over distances, even if other electrical signals are present. Its stability makes it well suited to connect multiple receivers to a single network. You can operate RS485 in half-duplex mode and it is well suited for use with the Modbus protocol. On the 25-pin connector, RS485+ and RS485- pins are present.

How should I connect those pins to the Fx5U? I reed the diagrams examples but I cant resemble them to the PLC pins of the 485

Taka a look at page JY997D56101-31 of the e-manual viewer

On 11/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, Gambit said:

Taka a look at page JY997D56101-31 of the e-manual viewer

Is there a way to verify the communication between the plc and the driver is ok?

14 hours ago, Yuto24 said:

Is there a way to verify the communication between the plc and the driver is ok?

Have a look at the example program on page JY997D56101-6B

You will get an abnormal completion of processing if the communiaction is not oke