NeurisF

Factory Talk View

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am adding a user login screen to one of our machines. I've already added the user and it shows current user on my string.

I want to make the user log in before accessing the rest of the system or continues with normal start up. How do I set this condition?

You have to set up users and user groups, then assign permissions to the groups. This can be done under System > User Groups in ME and SE, or the FactoryTalk Admin Console in SE. 

You can also specify display securities in Runtime Security of the individual ME and SE projects. 

Once this is done, anyone who logs in will inherit the permissions of the group(s) of which they are a member, and will only be allowed to make changes and access displays allowed for that group. 

Please clarify your question.

1. Do you want the PLC which controls the machine to hold it's startup until the user logs in on the HMI?

or

2. Do you want the HMI to remain on the login screen until a user logs in and only then go to further screens?

I have a question regarding the login function. I have set my user group and users, then I set the display settings to match my runtime security settings, but when I press my login button the prompt does not pop up. My company runs each of our machines HMI's on "Test Display", and I was wondering if this is the cause? I tried to run session to see if this was the case, but I get some alarm that the main power needs reset.

Edited by JayTom

Test Display is a feature of the FactoryView Studio (programming tool) where you test a single display's functions when writing the code. You're testing whether a numeric display or text box accurately shows the value of an analog tag in the controller, of if a momentary pushbutton does, in fact, actuate a controller's XIC instruction. Test Display tests only one display at a time, and cannot interact with other displays or project-scope features. As such, certain objects on your display, like display navigation buttons, login/logout buttons, shutdown/goto-config buttons, etc, will not work in Test Display. To test those types of objects you would have use use the "running man" icon to Test Application, which would create a temporary .MER application and launch it on your laptop, and this would would give you full functionality.

Test Display and Test Application are project development tools only. They are intended to be used during project development to test your programming before you create and download a .MER file to the PanelView. They should not be used as the primary operator interface with your process.

Has your company got a dedicated laptop at each machine and using it as the HMI? Or perhaps a client at each machine fed from a server that has FTME? How and why are you controlling your processes form Test Display?

1 person likes this