MWSR

STUCK WITH PLS2 COMMAND

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

PLC CPC : CP1EN40DT1 

APPLICATION : Control precise movement of a belt pully arrangement using a Step Servo motor. 

I have used OMRON PLCs before but this is the first time i am trying to control a Step Servo using pulsing method. The task is simple. I need to give exactly 2800 pulses to a Step Servo Motor (EX D rated) so that it rotates exactly 2 revolutions. After that it has to stop. By completing two revolutions, the connected Belt Pulley would have moved the carriage by exactly 48mm which is what i am trying to control (Position control). So i used PLS2 command and set the number of pulses and programmed the D words and nothing happened. No LED going ON in the output. Honestly, I have not fully checked any other memory bits not did the ORG command. 

I checked wiring using the P_02s command and the stepper rotates perfectly so wiring is all correct. The HSP output is set at 100.0. 

Any help is appreciated. 

PS Just noted that i sent the wrong prog. Kindly ignore

Pulsing Testing.cxp

Edited by MWSR

Try using the P_ER contact directly after the PLS2 instruction. Below are the possibilities.

ON if the specified range for P, M, S, or F is exceeded.

ON if PLS2(887) is executed for a port that is already outputting pulses for SPED(885) or ORG(889).

ON if PLS2(887) is executed in an interrupt task when an instruction controlling pulse output is being executed in a cyclic task.

ON if PLS2(887) is executed for an absolute pulse output but the origin has not been established.

I wasn't able to download your program. Do you plan to repost it?

Thank you for your reply. 

The program is attached. Although not exactly the same as what the application requires, i have programmed the following.

1. Start Ramp : 10Hz/4ms 

2. Stop Ramp : 20Hz/4ms

3. Target Freq : 200Hz

4. No of pulses : 10000

This would imply a starting acceleration ramp time of 80ms and a stopping ramp time of 40ms. 

So this implies :

D100 : #000A,

D101 : #0014 

D102 : #00C8,

D103 :#0000

D104 : #2710

D105 : #0000

D110 : #0000

D111: #0000

I programmed the P_ER contact and while simulating, it does not close which i am assuming is OK. At the time of writing this message i have not yet downloaded the program and checked its working. The program file is attached. 

I have a feeling that i may have jumbled the lower and upper words. 

Pulsing Testing.cxp

Pulsing Testing.opt

Edited by MWSR

6 hours ago, MWSR said:

<Clip> At the time of writing this message i have not yet downloaded the program and checked its working. The program file is attached. 

I have a feeling that i may have jumbled the lower and upper words. 

<Clip>

An update : Success. It worked. As suspected i had jumbled on the word allocation and moved two bytes through separate MOVL commands. Now i used a single move command with both lower and upper words in the argument and PLS2 command worked. 

Thank you for your support. I will come back in case i need more help.

Edited by MWSR
1 person likes this

Glad you got it working and thanks for the update. 

Mixing up upper and lower words is common. I find it useful to create symbols before populating the instructions.