Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pierre

Syswin and CX-Prog ... what gives?

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday i was at a site, starting a new system when there in-house electrician (a real nive fellow) asked me to give him a little help. He had received a 3 day trainning on S7 products and what do you know ... the boss asked him to install, program and run a new CPM1A equiped system. The PLC was in error. (9B or something like it) Red light flashing. So before I left the place I told him I had 15 minutes and it would be sufficient to solve whatever the problem was In his lappy he had CX-programmer and used a CIF02 converter. Was not able to connect and go online. The error was ... missing END statement or DM6600 and above registers where wrongly setup. I tryed all communication setups and still it would not go online nor up or download. After a few minutes I connected Syswin and whent online. Zeroed all regisaters above 6600. Cycled power and the error disapeared. My question is "Why could I not go online with CX whyle with Syswin it was a peace of cake?" Any ideas?

9B is a System Failure. There was a version of CX Server out (since been fixed) which reported 2K of comment memory for the CPM1A which is incorrect. It was the default setting for CPM2A and many customers wiped out their CPM1A memory settings using this setting. I suppose Syswin ignores this parameter when connecting. Thanks for helping him out.

Thanks Jay, With Syswin I looked at the DM Datas and saw that he had a lot of it in DMs above 6600. I use some of them when I want the PLC to be linked with a modem so I wrote ZERO in all of them. I wounder how he got them setting in there. It was pretty precise... Like when we select the PLC Setup directly in the menus. I much prefer to write directly to them DMs. Now it works. Got get into the CX ware. I have it on me lappy but never use it The error number, I got from Syswin. Edited by Pierre