Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Randy

looking for small plc

8 posts in this topic

I am looking for a small cheap plc to controll the heating, cooling, and lighting of a saltwater reef aquarium. i have used direct logic and allen bradelly however they are too expensive and I would be wasting alot of memory with either of them. In the past I have seen cheap plc designs with hand controllers but now that I want one I cant seem to find any. I would like to keep the price under $100 for the plc and a reasonable amount for the I/O module and analog module. if anyone knows of such a beast please reply.

Don't know the pricing , but the software is free: http://www.entertron.com/ You can also find a lot of older PLC equipment on Ebay.

thanks alot, I didnt even think of ebay. the micro plc from the company you mentioned seems like it would be perfect (depending on price of course) thanks for the help. any other suggestions would be appricaited as well

We provide a low cost programmable controller that would be able to do everything that you are looking for. It is called the BarioNet is list price is only $269. Barix makes it and we sell it in the U.S., along with some nice packaged solutions. If you are interested in more info, email us at info@datanab.com.

Allen bradley does have a plc called a pico controller which , the software is free and cheap go the ab.com under processors take a look.

A common problem with looking for a controller on Ebay is that the software is usually not included. So, you are buying the controller and have no way of programming it. Some of the programming software is very expensive.

I use SLC 100/150 on LOW budget jobs. If you time the bid right, you can get one for $25. They're not as much a pleasure to program as modern PLCs, but they'll do all the basic stuff and in my experience are very rugged and reliable. Software and programming cables are available on ebay also.. You should be able to get software, cable, and controller for under $100.