Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scalvert

Murr Cube67 EtherCAT

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Has anyone used an etherCAT Cube67 (56527) with sysmac studios before?  If so, how do you get diagnostic information from the master module?

Thanks,

Scott

Ha!  I have found what I'm looking for.  I guess I was looking too deep into the EtherCAT.

Here is a link to the finding....

I have figured out what I wanted, somewhat, and I'll give a little rundown.  That post above kind of helped, but I found more info with the above info.

We are using an Omron NX-102 controller and have multiple devices on EtherCAT. If a node was unplugged the line would still run until the part got to the unplugged tool. The line would just stop and look like it was running normal. If you connected a laptop to the PLC and ran the troubleshooter you would see the fault, but I wanted to annunciate that fault on the HMI. This is how you do it....

_EC_DissconSlavTbl - This is a system variable that shows the disconnected device (I haven't got this one to work yet)

_EC_PDSlvTbl - This system variable shows the processing data communicating slave table (This is the one that I can used to see if a device is working, drops low when it not)

So with my NX-102 we are allowed 192 nodes on EtherCAT. If node 20 drops out then _EC_PDSlvTbl[20] will be low. Now for the Cube67's, if a device that is connected to that node gets disconnected, that same bit will drop low, pointing you to the master. My next step is to figure out how to see which port on the Cube67 has issues.

Scott

Murr has a diagnostic gateway for the Cube 67. Once you know there is a problem with the Murr bus node on EtherCAT then you can access the diagnostic gateway using the webserver. You can then use this to see which branch or I/O box within the Murr system has a problem.

https://shop.murrelektronik.com/en/I-O-Systems/Cube67/Diagnostic-gateway/Cube67-Diagnostic-Gateway-56968.html

Yes I've seen that, but you still have to use a computer to look at it.  I'm looking at listing all alarms on the HMI screen so maintenance doesn't have to connect to the line.

Thanks for the response!

*Got it!*

EC_CoESDORead is the command you need to use.  If anyone needs help using this, I can give you the info you will need.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Edited by scalvert

On 7-8-2021 at 3:16 PM, scalvert said:

*Got it!*

EC_CoESDORead is the command you need to use.  If anyone needs help using this, I can give you the info you will need.

Through the EC_COESDOWrite it is also possible to configure DIO ports.

To read out the error / warnings, read the manual and see how they are defined.  Works very well for some years with me.

1 person likes this