Jiggadoo

Analog output fault

3 posts in this topic

I have an analog output card 1734-OE2V. As a default, there is selected fault mode as 'Go to Low Clamp'. I am using output range -10V to 10V.

What is the value for Low Clamp. Is it 0V or -10V? If I want it to be 0, do I need to select 'use fault value' and set the fault value to '0'.

Edited by Jiggadoo

20 hours ago, Jiggadoo said:

I have an analog output card 1734-OE2V/C. As a default, there is selected fault mode as 'Go to Low Clamp'. I am using output range -10V to 10V.

What is the value for Low Clamp. Is it 0V or -10V? If I want it to be 0, do I need to select 'use fault value' and set the fault value to '0'.

I believe I found and answer for this, thanks for me!

Module properties page I can set the fault mode 'Go to low clamp'.  And in the Limit Configuration page I can set the Low and High Clamp. So, in my case, when I am using -10V to +10V, there is set the low Clamp to -10V. This is bad in my system, when I am controlling the proportional valve. -10V is maximum to the other direction.

I need to use 'Use fault value' => '0'.

Sounds like you found it. Each family of I/O cards have their own options, all with similarities and differences. The 1756 analog output diagnostic cards have a feature that lets you ramp to the user defined value in fault mode. The 1768 input cards have output files that aren't even described in the manuals. Sometimes we just have to muscle though it with trial and error to what works. 

1 person likes this