Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Engelis

M221 PLC with Kinco GL070E HMI

3 posts in this topic

Hey! Whats up guys ;)

I'm a student and I have been saving up money for PLC for quite a while now, I was recommended to use Schneider M221 TM221CE24R PLC. after buying it I looked online for some HMI and due to high price tag I ended up buying cheaper Kinco GL070E HMi for learning :D

I'm trying to connect them both together using Ethernet cable but I'm having difficulties making them connected.

The lights shows up ( blinking green ) and ( solid yellow ), I have tried Modbus TCP Slave, Schneider Ethernet (TCP Slave), M series, M200 Ethernet ( TCP Slave ), but nothing seems to be working :D 

The best I got in 3 weeks of trail and error and countless non-english videos on youtube :D is error message on the HMI -> [2] PLC NO RESPONSE 0-01-03

I'm trying to learn and seems like I have hit a wall. Can anyone help me to see if it is even possible to connect them or do I need to save up for new HMI :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated, sincerely Engelis :) 

Few things to check. 1st of all what plc software are you using? Somachine basic or Machine expert basic? 

Then are the ip addresses in the same range? What network cable are you using (colour codings on both ends of the plugs)? Modbus tcp slave should be sufficient driver.

And a really stupid question is something that happens a lot is are you plugged into the ethernet port of the tm221 and not the rs485 rj45 port?

Why i asked about what software for the plc you are using? In the ethernet ports options.....If you select the ethernet port..there is a option to enable the modbus server. This is a new thing on machine expert basic that caused me half a day of headeaches. It must be on