Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nats7157

PROGRAMMING

8 posts in this topic

Does anybody know where can i get a tutorial on how to use logicmaster for programming?

Logicmaster is GE Fanuc's generic name for its old DOS-based programming software. There is Logicmastyer One for the Series One, Logicmaster Six for the Series Six, Logicmaster 90-30 for the Series 90-30, Logic master Five, Logicmaster 90-70, and even Logicmaster Three. The current programming software is called Proficy Machine Edition Logic Developer PLC. If you're just getting into GE Fanuc PLCs, that would be a better place to start. If you're trying to learn enough to be able to support existing PLCs that were programmed with one of the Logicmaster packages, you need to specify which one. Having said all that, I'm not aware of any books or tutorials specificaly targeted to any of the Logicmaster packages, although the manuals for all (except Series Three) are available.

Thanks Steve for the info. I Have a GE Fanuc series 90-30 and LM90 Software. I am not familiar in using logicmaster for programming thats why im looking for a tutorial. My project is simple. I want to monitor all arriving components in a conveyor such that when an item enter the conveyor a timer for that item is activated and so for the other incoming items. If ever any item did not reach the end of the conveyor let say 500secs an alarm will be activated. Could anybody help me in accomplishing this using logicmaster 90-30? Pls. help!

If you're already familiar with some other brand of PLC, and you're comfortable working in DOS, picking up the quirks of Logicmaster won't be too difficult. If this is your first-ever PLC project, your learning curve will be longer. Since you already have the PLC and software, you might be interested in programming some simulated processes to learn basic PLC applications. The advantage to a simulated process is that it runs entirely on your computer. If your program doesn't work the way you expect, you don't break anything. Check it out at the MRPLC store. http://shop.mrplc.com/view_product.php?product=PS32001

Hi Steve, I'm also interested to learn a bit more. Ive downloaded the demo simulation. I also have a 90-30 PLC on the bench. But it doesnt have analogue modules...Will it still work with the sim?

Even though your PLC doesn't have analog modules, it still has %AI and %AQ memory areas. The simulation runs on your PC and writes its value for tank level directly to %AI memory, the same way an analog input module would if one were installed.

I'm having a bit of difficulty getting the sim to work..I can be connected to the PLC communicating happily, Then shut down LM90, Open the sim and get a message like PLC not connected? Ive changed the port settings on the sim to match my PC settings. Also tried it on my home computer. Both running XP. Any ideas? Or am I missing something simple?

You have to completely exit LM90. You can't just hit ALT + M to go offline. The SNP driver in LM90 doesn't completely relinquish the port until LM90 shuts down.