gromit

RSLogix5000 Transfer function

4 posts in this topic

RSLogix5000 Transfer function
Bumpless transfer between two inputs.
If criteria or FLAG is true, then transfer from input-1 to input-2 at a prescribed ramp rate, and then release the output to match the selected input without rate restrictions. 
Issue:
The issue is that upon the status of particular input (FLAG), the control valve demand jumps from 0 to whatever the output of the PID’s Low Select value is (maybe 50% or 80% or other).
Request:
Ideally, I would like to mimic or replicate the Transfer algorithms provided in other control systems, as described below .
The TRANSFER algorithm performs a transfer between the two inputs. 
The output is equal to the IN2 input if the digital input FLAG is TRUE, and the IN1 input if the digital input FLAG is FALSE. 
The algorithm automatically performs a bumpless transfer between the track input and the selected input when a tracking request is removed. 
The algorithm ramps to the selected input (IN1 or IN2) at the specified track ramp rate (TRR1 or TRR2). 
Internal tracking may be selected to allow a bumpless transfer between IN1 and the IN2 inputs. 
Individual track ramp rates may be initialized to ramp from the IN1 to the IN2 and from the IN2 to the IN1.
Attached is RSLogix5000 program "transfer.acd"
Thanks.

Edited by gromit

Best of luck with your request.  Don't think anyone here is going to do this for you.  You should make your request to Rockwell, you would need to justify the departure from IEC61131 and the "standard" transfer function.

Rather, you have the ability to create your own algorithm and encapsulate as an AOI and publish it here for review.

Thanks for your response pcmccartney1, but maybe I didn't ask the question correctly.
I guess I just want to know does ControlLogix5000 have a Transfer algorithm, or two-input selector algorithm that can switch between the two inputs at variable ramp rates?
Or possibly does RSLogix5000 have an assortment of algorithms or instructions that can be combined to achieve this function?
I am actively looking through the various instructions but haven't been able to figure the secret sauce yet. 

I believe I might have come up with something, as attached..."transfer.acd"

I won't know for sure until I can load and test it.

Edited by gromit