Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparky

Communications with slc 5/03

5 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I am new at this so bear with me, I have a laptop with win 98 OS, with a recently installed RS logix 500 6.3 and RS linx. I am using a 1747-uic with a 1747 c-13 cable. I configured the driver as reccomended. when I try to go online, I get a message that " Diagnostic status failed 0x4 " . I had originally configured the driver manually, and went back and tried to auto configure and got message " failed to find baud and parity check all cables and switch settings" any ideas Thanks

I used 1747-UIC with xp dan rslinx 2.43 version and never found the problem. From RSLinx, go to RS Who to see the slc on network, if you see it then try to online with processor, if not then you need to upgrade the usb drive to get high speed (2.0).

please give us the details ... "recommended" by whom? ... specifically, which driver did you use? ... the more you tell us, the more help we can offer ... and this link by Ken Roach might help ... best regards, Ron Edited by Ron Beaufort

Hi Ron, The settings I used are what was in the directions that came with the 1747-uic. I also used the A-B driver that came with it also ( usb to DH 485 interface converter version R8062115 ) The settings they recomended were...... Device Name- AB_DF1-1 Device- 1770-KF3/1747-KE Station no.- 1 (I also tried different stations 0.....2......) Baud Rate- 19200 Parity - none Stop bits- 1 Error checking CRC Protocol - Full duplex Com Port - 2 The device Manager in windows recognizes the converter and shows USB DH-485 Serial port ( com2 ) I used default topic configuration Thanks again Sparky

as I was shutting down RS logix. I had a message that said " Please insert disk labeled FTDI USB drivers disk then click ok. I do not have that disk. Sparky