6 posts in this topic

Hi all, 
I want to ask some questions regarding Ethernet Communication with FX3U PLC series. I have 2 PLCs of FX3U series (FX3U-48M and FX3U-64M) and I want to monitor its data (input and output) using ethernet communication in real time. My questions are:

1. Does FX3U PLC have ethernet port so I can connect it directly to my Laptop/PC?
2. If no, do I need to use FX3U-ENET-ADP and can it be used for 2 PLC or only 1?
3. What software do I need to use to configure the communication between PLC and FX3U-ENET-ADP?

4. Does this configuration change the existing PLC program?
5. Can i transmit the data wireless-ly using some kind of ethernet to wifi adapter and what additional hardware do i need for that?

1. Standard de FX3U doesn't have an ethernet port (the FX5 does). so you will need to add a module/

2. You can check your config here: https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/cnt/plc/ex/select/index.html

3. The config can be done from GX works 2 for the ADP module.

4, no only parameters need to be set the PLC program will not change

5. you will need to connect it to a wireless router.

@Gambit Some additional questions:
1. To monitor the input/output data in real time, can I use GX Works 2? Or do I need some kind of SCADA software?
2. Do you have some suggestions for free SCADA software that I can use for that manner, especially if i want to monitor the data via mobile phone?
3. To transmit the data wirelessly using wireless router, do I need to use Hub (FX3U-ENET-ADP -> Hub -> Wireless Router) or it can go directly to the router (FX3U-ENET-ADP ->  Wireless Router)?

Thanks for the answer in advance.

1 You can use Gx works 2.

2 I would change the PLC's into FX5 they have an internal webserver.
As for free SCADA  there are many that will work for an hour after that you would need to restart the scada server for an additional hour.
Is an hour enough time  ? If so i would use MAPS SCADA

3 Your router should have Ethernet port so you can connect the PLC directly

@Gambit Do you have reference about how to configure FX3U-ENET-ADP with GX Works 2 and how to show and monitor the input/output data?

Gor the PLC side All you need to do is specify an ip adress in the PLC ethernet parameters and define port for Mc protocol and give it a nr.