Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest llrelease

Connecting to MicroLogix 1500 / PanelView

3 posts in this topic

I need to connect to a Micrologix 1500 PLC (LSP) in order to upload, backup, and possibly modify the existing program. The system is currently running, and I want to minimize any downtime. I have the correct cable and RS Logix, but there is only one communications port, and there is currently a panelview plugged in to the processor. If I remove the panelview cable and attempt to go online, I am not able to see the Micrologix 1500 processor. Do I need to use the COMM reset button to reset the comm's to the defaults? If so, how do I restore the current settings so that the processor can resume communications with the panelview? If not, how can I connect to the processor. I do not have a data access tool or AIC. Thanks in advance.

Is the COM port on the MicroLogix configured for DF1 (default) or DH-485 communications? If it is DF1, and you can't see the CPU under the DF1 driver in RSLinx, run Autoconfigure on the DF1 driver while connected to the MicroLogix. You should be able to see the CPU. If configured for DH-485 comms, configure the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx, and then try to connect using your 1761-CBL-PM02 cable.

First, follow mgvol's advice, if that doesn't work, you can use the comm reset button to go online. It will bring the 1500 back to a DF1 setup. When you're finished, just press and hold the comm reset again and it should return to the way it was...