Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Luis Ferrigno

PLC2 to PLC500 Ladder

3 posts in this topic

I'm rewritting the ladder logic from a plc 2 to a plc 504. I am trying to decide what is best the logic, if jump a subrutine to a different place in the logic with a Label instruction or Jump to a diferent file with JUMP instruction? Please give me a sugestion. Lui Ferrigno lrferrigno@mailcity.com luis.ferrigno@sonoco.com Edited by Luis Ferrigno

If you want to jump within a program file, use JMP. In Program file 2, you must use JSR's to call the other program files, or they will not be executed.

Are you needing to move to subroutines to run logic based on situations, or do you want to seperate the PLC-2 logic into separate subroutines to clean things up? If you just want to separate the logic, typical A-B programmers put block read/write logic and JSR logic in the File 2-Main program file. Another thing to consider is the I/O addressing. PLC-2 processors used 2-slot, or double-slot, addressing (i.e., each card is a member of a rack/group/slot). With double-slot addressing, there was also rules in-place for the first slot of a group to be an input card and the 2nd slot to be an output card. So if you are re-writing the logic and re-wiring the racks, what I have done is to build up an Excel spreadsheet with the old and new I/O addresses with descriptions.