Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbyrne15

compressor motor toggle

5 posts in this topic

I came a cross a problem today which asked me to write a program which would toggle between two compressor motors each time the compressor tank needed to be re-filled. The problem gave a condition that I could only use one internal relay instruction. Could anyone offer a suggestion? Thanks, Richard.

Ok. There are about as many ways to do this as there are programmers. Why is there a limit of only one internal relay? Is this a requirement of the job or is somebody just pulling your chain? Anyway here is one way to do it. (see attached picture) Edited by HalBishop

Thanks HalBishop, now my program works like a charm. Does anyone feel that a bad programmer is one that asks too many questions? Richard

Well, if asking too many questions is the sign of a bad programmer, then I must be a bad programmer. When doing a project, we always ask questions. That way the you give the customer what he needs, not what you thought he might want.

At the beginning of any automation project, I always ask as many questions as I can think of, and then several more as they occur later. Many times you deliver a project and get the: "Yes, that's what we asked for, but it's not what we wanted" In my opinion, if I ever encountered a programmer who didn't ask any questions, I would be extremely worried. Experience teaches you which questions to ask, a lack of questions, could be an indication of lack of experience. ken