Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darrenj

resetting counters/timers in rs5000

3 posts in this topic

O.K. rs5000 with conrollogix..I have a subroutine that will most of the time be shut down before its complete..(its an endlass loop Clean In Place..it just keeps going and going and going!!)..Now when the operator shuts it off the timers still hold there value and any outputs that were on stay on..Is there a Master reset in logix5000 that will reset all the timers/counters in a subroutine? Thanks Darren

sorry also to add.. I have 48 "functions" that are input from the user in relation to the timing of this machine..i would like to create a "checksum" of all these values eg... Function_1+function_2+func......=total on first scan.. if..Function_1+function_2+func... equals total then ok else stop anyone have any ideas? I know i could do ADD Function 1+function2=function1_2 ADD Function1_2+function 3=function1_2_3 But as you can see it would take a pile of time? Timing on this machine is critical so i just want to check that the data hasnt been corrupt or someone who dosnt know what they are doing has been playing with HMI maintinance screen...It is pasword protected but we all know thats not worth to much.. Thanks

Here's a link to code I posted for adding and averaging many numbers: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downl...&CODE=02&id=339 I'm not familiar with RS5000 (yet), but I assume you can use indexed addressing. You should be able to adapt it to your needs