Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quietman

Micrologix 1500 Analog Input Help

3 posts in this topic

All, I've gotten about halfway through the messages in the board, and will continue looking for an answer, but thought I'd post all the same. It's been about 10 years since my A/B programming course, and 8 since I've actually programmed. I've set up my Micrologix 1500 with 3 additional modules, my analog module (1769-IF4) in the last position. I've used the I/O configurator in RS Logix 500 to set the INPUT RANGE to +/-10VDC and the DATA FORMAT to Engineering Units. Now, my question is HOW to read the analog I/O? I'm thinking I have to: A) Use a BCD type command (i.e. FRD from I:3/0) to move the data from the I/O point into an integer data file (N:7/0 for example) B) Then exploit the value in the N7 register each scan? Does this sound about right? Many thanks in advance for any help. Roger

No, you read it straight in from the raw address (i.e. I:3.0). Notice that it is I:3.0, not I:3/0; this denotes that it is using the whole word since it is analog. Then your other channels would be I:3.1, I:3.2, I:3.3. If your Micro is a Firmware series C 7 or greater you can use the Scale-With Parameters (SCP) instruction to scale into engineering units and move them into an integer or floating-point file.

Thank you very much! I apprecaite the response and information. Roger