Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gking789

Medar Weld cards?

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to program weld schedules for medar weld cards? this is a projection weld application. I believe the card actuates the the firing board which controls the SCR. I need some serious help. I have a copy of the current working program, but am confused when it comes to seeing how the weld portion works. Thanks, Gabe.

qking, you didn't give a lot of info of what you wanted, but heres my 2 cents. I'm assuming you have a medar dep, which is a handheld programming terminal that you plug into a rs485 female outlet. once you plug in, push display mode button, push f1 which is weld data screen. once that comes up look on bottom line for scr number. fire welder and watch weld data screen and it will tell you what scr is firing. now if you want to change the schedule, heat or cycles. push program mode button and then review schedule. once you get into there you will have to cursor down to get to cycles and amps or %of heat, which ever way welder is setup. if you are doing projection welding dont take your cycles up to much or else you will lose your weld size. you really need a couple of manuals from meddar. we have medweld 3005 and a operator guide manual is what you need. there is also a manual for dep and a plc/weld control logic integrators manual for the allen bradley card hope this helps low on the pole

spoke with Medar today, and I am getting their integrators package. It suppose to have some sample logic and manuals. As for my application, I do not have the hhp. I am building a retro-fit to an existing nut weld machine. So I am sitting here with the logic trying to figure out how this thing works. I have to initiate another weld sequence in the equipment I am building. I believe I can just copy the rungs and change the bit address. I appreciate the help. Thanks, Gabe.