Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Jason

AIC+ Question

2 posts in this topic

Is it possible to connect directly to a SLC-502 through an AIC+ module (1761-NET-AIC), using a phoenix-RJ-45 cable? All the literature that I've look at shows the connection going from PC to AIC+ to AIC to SLC. I teach PLC's at a community college and have a chunk of money to spend an I'm trying to strech it as far as I can.

No, the AIC+ was diseigned to connect a serial port from a MicroLogix or SLC 5/03, 5/04, or 5/05 to a DH-485 network. Since the 5/02 has no serial port, you need a 1747-AIC (not AIC+) and a 1747-C10 cable. A regular RJ-45 cable is probably wired for CAT 5; this can be dangerous, as 2-pins in the RJ-45 connector on the SLC 5/01, 5/02 and 5/03 have 24 vdc on them. You could make your own cable with RJ-45 connectors with the following pin-out: pin 1 to pin 1 - RC1 (top pin on SLC) pin 2 to pin 2 - RC 2 pin 3 to pin 3 - +24 vdc pin 4 to pin 4 - signal gnd pin 5 to pin 5 - EN 5 pin 6 to pin 6 - earth gnd pin 7 to pin 7 - signal gnd pin 8 to pin 8 - +24vdc (bottom pin on SLC)