Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Windustries

CLx program checklist

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for a checklist to ensure I have created a complete program when using RSLogix 5000. This is a final check before the program is released to the customer. If anyone has anything that is usefull it would be great and I would owe you one!!

I would think that something of this nature would have to be pretty application-specific. The best tool for a "checklist" would be the system operating description or any other scoping document the customer provided upon contract award. This, coupled with actual testing are probably the only way to completetly guarantee a "complete" program.

Thanks for the reply, Maybe my question is not clear or worded wrong.. I know what you are saying: a program is never complete until debug is complete and the customer has bought off on the equipement, but there are certain fundamentals we need to check. I.e. duplicate coils, verifying all the i/o is being used, communications are configured, i/o is mapped properly, descriptors , comments, and the list goes on. I was hoping to find a checklist with all that stuff and more that I might not have thought about. Again thanks for the reply lets keep talking.

I have never personally seen anything like this. I've just kind of had in my head how/what I wanted commented, format, structure, comms config., etc. At larger places of employment, suggestions for developing just this kind of standard were always met with, "that would be nice to have, but it is not essential, blah, blah, blah".