Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_Student

DeviceNet Problem

22 posts in this topic

I am installing Omron PLC with DeviceNet. I have some problems in setting DeviceNet up. In the project, I use CJ1M-CPU13 and CJ1M-DRM21 Master Module. It looks that Master Module see all the remote I/O modules and indication shows that there is no communication error. However, MM shows error indication on 7-segments display: 1) Left dot is flashing - Scan List disable mode and 2) Right dot is ON - Slave function disabled. I am trying to fix these errors but manual is not clear about it. Could somebody explain step by step how to fix these errors. The M.M. unit N is set to 1. In the manual, the corresponding software switches are supposed to be turned ON, but how to do this. I would be very greatful for any information or help.

Guest_Student: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Any other errors on the Master Led Display? What do the digits say? Are they flashing any numbers?

Everything is O'k for now. Master Module display shows its node address (63) and all the remote I/O units show no errors present (MS/NS) LEDs are solid green. But I have another problem, but I want to discuss it latter. For now I have to solve this problem.

Man, you're cooking with gas!! How are things in Toronto?

What is cooking with gas??? Everything is o'k except my DeviceNet does not work and it is cold.

Well, if your Master is at 63 and your slaves are all good, what's the problem?

I do not know how to do Scan List enabled mode and Slave function enabled. As I told, I have two errors: Left dot - Flashing: Scan list disabled mode Right dot - ON: Slave function disabled

The master will run fine with a disabled scan list. We can talk about it later.The only true error that you have is that remote I/O communications has not been restarted. Disregard the right hand dot. You are not using the Master as a Slave. You're almost there! Turn on bit 1525.01 to restart slave communnications. Or just cycle the power.

Are you trying to find out where your slaves are addressed? Node 1 is word 3200 for output and 3300 for input.

Signing off. See you in the morning!

How to do this? Sorry for such a question, but I started with Omron only week ago and have nobody to consult. I have seen this instruction in the manual from which you gave me notation, but I do not know how to turn on bit.

Yes, I did this with DeviceNet Configurator. Anthony, thank you very much for your help. See you soon.

Sorry, you didn't tell me you were using the Configurator. Have you downloaded the parameters to the master. It doesn't sound like it if the Scan List is disabled. To turn on the bit, you need ladder code to turn on the coil of 1525.01. |     Some input                               1525.01 | |-------|  |------------------------------------( )----| |

Of course, I was following the manual for DeviceNet Configurator and one of the step is to set up parameters for the Master Module. I have got the idea about coil. I thought, to turn bit on, I have to go to the "Memory" tab, and put something in the CIO table. Anthony, thank you again for your help. I'll try today.

But did you download the parameters for the master after setting them up. You must transfer the parameters by downloading them to the master. The reason I ask is if you did you would have a different indicator for Scan List enabled.

If downloading parameters means regester in DeviceNet then Yes. If it is something different, how to download parameters for the Master mofule? Right now I have indication on 7-segment indicator "6.3."

I have fixed the problem with left dot on the 7-segment indicator. It is OFF right now. But I have another problem; I am using DeviceNet Configurator and when I am trying to connect with the network, I am getting the message "Interface cannot be opened." I have not clue why. May be it is not important?

How did you fix it? Did you manually set the Create Scan List bit? If so, it does not reflect what you have been doing in the Configurator. "Register" is not "download". Right click the Icon for the master and choose download. If you have "Interface cannot be opened." then you are not talking to the network. I need more information to help you.

Yes I have set the Create Scan List bit manually by going to the Memory tab and setting value to 1 in the bit 1525 bit 1. Talking about DeviceNet Configurator, I do not know what is wrong, because I did everything according to the manual. There is no such thing as download. This option is absent at all.

You have never connected to the network. That's why is not available to you off-line. You must first connect to the network. Then you can download all of the parameters that you have been setting up off-line. See screenshot.

Anthony huge thanks I have got connection. I did a mistake with Routing Table. As soon as it was fixed, DeviceNet Cofigurator connected remote module with the Master Module and I was able to download settings. Now I have to study the programming part of the Omron PLC. The system I am mountaining is small only 12 thermocouples, 8 analog inputs, and 4 analog outputs and a few discrete inputs and outputs. And on top of these, I have to install an operator panel (HMI). The problem is I know nothing about Omron, have to study everything from scratch. Maybe I will ask you couple more questions latter if you don't mind.

Guest_Student: Please register at MrPLC.com and join the MRPLC.com community Register at MrPLC.com Any time. There are many here that can help you. Just do your homework before you ask.