Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
austin19

Problem With PLC

4 posts in this topic

How do i rectify the problem that i have attached? and how do i use Citect to connect to a PLC.It is like there is a PLC connected to the switch box.Currently,by using CX-Programmer i can light the LEDs on the switch box.Now i have to use Citect and without touching the switches on the switch box to light up the LEDs i have to click the button On in Citect and the LED should light up by just clicking the On button....How do i go about this? Please assist me on this matter.Thanks error.doc

A common alarm. What communications method ar you using? Controller Link, serial? Controller Link I hope, serial is for the birds. Does the alarm go away after time? What version of Citect? Details please and I may be able to help. I go back a long way with Citect and was a beta tester for the FINS Gateway driver.

I am currently usin Version 5.21... so would u be able to offer advice n help on how to go abt all these things... the communication i am using is Ethernet.the alarm does not go away after time and i actually created an on and off button in citect with a light symbol.....but when i execute...theres tis error that i posted. Edited by austin19

V5.21 is quite old now but pretty stable. I have not uses Ethernet with Omron to Citect, always use Controller Link. Not an Ethernet fan. Is the error genuine? Are you really losing communications or is the alarm a false alarm? Are you using the OMFINS Driver or FINS Gateway proper? If OMFINS, I would suggest you contact Citect and get the FINS Gateway CD from them, provided the Citect licence is in support. If it is not in support, you are probably on your own apart from help here. The FINS Gateway CD is the latest method of connection. You would also require the latest Citect FINS driver. Once again, the licence needs to be in support. What operating system?