Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadlerej

ge lm90 software

3 posts in this topic

I am looking for a start-up procedure for the GE LM90 software. A how to, from start up of software to loading of a new program. If anyone has one, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the help Edited by sadlerej

Logicmaster 90 is a DOS application. The last revision runs OK under WIN98, NT, or 2000. I'm not sure about XP. Do you have the proper cable to connect to your PLC? Which PLC are you trying to program? LM90 can handle both the 90-30 and the 90-70. The batch file to launch LM90 is LM90.bat. Once it's running, you navigate through it by using the 'F' keys. The function key designation for a particular screen is displayed across the top of your screen. There are two modules to LM90. One is for configuring the hardware. That's the process of assigning I/O addresses to the modules. The other module is for creating ladder logic programs. Once you've launched LM90 by starting LM90.bat, the F1 key starts the programming module while the F2 key starts the configuration module. At any time, pressing ALT + H gets you to the help files. It looks like GE Fanuc has changed their website again. You need to create an account to access their online manuals. This is new as of the first of the year. In the past, you have been able to dowload any of their PLC and software manuals without charge. If they want to maintain their market share, that had better still be the case. Go to this url to start you on your way. http://www.geindustrial.com/cwc/gefanuc/su...pport/plcio.htm

LM90 runs fine under XP. We have been running it in XP for a year or so with no noticeable problems.