Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Daniel Gunn

PLC programming

7 posts in this topic

I am a distributor for a not off the shelf pregrammed PLC. I have acustomer that owns one. The way it is programmed we cannot control 2 solenoids at once. I have spoke with the tech dept and they tell me that they would have to rewrite the software for my particular operation. If I pursue this without there assistance will I be able do this without requiring some sort off passcode to break into the programming. Is it possible to render the chip unuseable. Am I biting off more than I can chew since I have no expierience in programming. I have until spring to do this so I would like the expierience. Any thoughts would be very helpful.

First off, how about joining the community? Which PLC? Which programming software? If the PLC program is password protected, you are probably in trouble. Some Omron PLC's have a lockout feature if too many attempts are made at defeating a password. The PLC is then useless. Some do not.

Hi I have joined Thank You, Yuo can see my username obviously, thought I had before. Anyway the PLC is cooperatively built by A PD meter Manufacturer, Licquid Controls. is that any help?

In simplicity, there is an answer withoutcahnging code, sinply add a rela that will enable the two solenoids at once by the energized out put of the plc. Tip it is not good practice to energize solenoids directly from a plc since it damages the output. Even if the out of the plc is rated for 10 amps. Good luck Sincerely Phil pcampling@direcway.com

Thank you for your comments. Phil we already tried the relay trick, we have 2 pumps to start and stop at different times along with the solenoids. I am not the eltrician for this operation so I cannot tell you how the sync. was done. Dan

I gather from your reply that it is a proprietary PLC and not an Omron PLC. If this is the case then I would suggest you are almost certainly locked in to the manufacturer.

I believe you are right. Due to the fact that it is NIST traceable and weightrs and measures approved I can't use off the shelf (Omron,GE etc.) for this app. Thanks for the responses. This is a great sight!