DataSurfer

Siemens Mobile HMI program signature

4 posts in this topic

I am using TIA Portal V14 to program a Siemens Mobile HMI (KTP900 Mobile).

I would like to pull up a program 'signature' from the HMI that would allow me to verify that the code in the HMI is the correct version.  This would help prevent an accidental overwrite of old code, resulting in a single Mobile HMI that has differing code from several others that are also in use.

The closest comparison would be a Safety Signature from a Safety PLC.  However, I just want to use a file checksum or similar variable that I can put on my screen.

Any ideas?  I appreciate it. 

Edited by DataSurfer

This is not in my wheelhouse at all, but could you possibly write a program or script that looks at a particular file/folder on each Mobile HMI installation and checks for the file's last edited property to all be equal? I don't really know any of the higher level languages, so I have no idea how to accomplish this, but this would verify that all HMI's are congruent.

1 person likes this

Hi,

I try to find a possible solution of your problem. I have two and half ideas:

1. If you have a VB code on the above mentioned device then you can simply create a type from this script (D&D into Project library \ Types). This way in panel you have a VB Type intance (e.g. 1.0.0 and without editing type and refreshing instance version in PNV it is not possible to overwrite code). If it it happens instance and type version will be increased. e.g. 1.0.1 . But the older code version will be also available until it is deleted.

2. In VB scripts it is also allowed create,  read, write simple files e.g. Txt. I think you can simply write an extra vb script which can compare the source code and the actual one.

3. As I know it is possible to set Know-How protection for scripts in TIA. Without giving the password it is not possible to change or see even the script. Maybe available in V14 SP1. (half idea)

Edited by HMI_William
1 person likes this

Thank you, HMI_William!  I really appreciate those ideas!