Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Matthew Smith

system information from a flexlogix 5433 PLC

3 posts in this topic

If anyone can help I am trying to get or find system information from a flexlogix 5433 plc, we are using rs logix 5000. As this system uses tags it is not easy to find this information unlike in slc 500 - the sort of information I am trying to find and use from this plc is first scan bit and major and minor fault bits and also battery failure so that it can be displayed on a remote lamp enunciator on the front of the control panel and also send these faults to a scarda system. I have been searching AB web sites with no luck - I am fairly new to this type of plc and this software but have worked with slc 500 series AB plcs in the past best regards matthew

The first scan bit is S:FS in the Logix controllers. I strongly suggest using RSLogix5000 help for instructions on accessing contoller (status) tags and info. They actually have some pretty good programming instructions.

Open "HELP" and in the Index tab, type in Controller, then scroll down in the topic list until you see "STATUS". The tags you are interested in are listed there.