Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a_j_saunders

conecting to a panel view 1000

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to conect to a brand new panel view 1000 with 2 rs232 ports ( one labeled comm / download the other printer ) from a pc to download a program I am using rslinx lite and have chosen AB_DF1-1 as the driver ( is this correct ) and trying to conect using either com 1 or 2 on pc, using auto configure it seems to time out while doing error checking bcc / crc then gives error to check cabels and configuration I have noted that the panel view at the top of the comms screen says "DH-485 " Can any one put me right on this ? Thanks Andrew

You're probably using a SLC/PLC serial DF-1 cable. A PanelView cable doesn't roll pins 2 & 3 like a SLC/PLC cable does.

If it is the DH-485 PV with a physical DB-9 serial port, use a normal serial cable (not Null-Modem or DF1) and use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. Depending on the version of RSLinx and you PC's OS, you may have to stop running Linx as a service before you can configure the PIC driver.

Hi Both Thanks for replying:- Just to comfirm I am using a straight 2-2 , 3-3, 5,-5 searial 9 pin lead and I have stop the rslite running to configure the settings to com2 etc But I am still not conecting ie cannot see the panel view in the tree of rslinx what am I doing wrong ? Andrew

Did you switch from the DF1 driver to the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver? If so, have you tried COM 1 since you switched drivers?