Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lavinh

9300-RAPM1/B Paging Modem

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have been testing on a Rockwell 9300-RAPM1/B Paging Modem which has 2 functions: 1) Dial in and 2) Paging to Mobile phone (SMS messages). There is no problem in the dial in to a PLC processor but I have problem in the paging a mobile phone. I live in Australia and the TAP number from Telstra is 018018767 with modem setting of 7e1. Using these information for the configuration, what I get so far is: When I trigger a alarm page from the PLC, the modem start to dial with the sound from the other modem alright but that is all, no messages going through. With Telstra, password required is 'mnmail', but in the configuration software there is no nowhere to place it. Anyone who have succesfully configured a paging modem in Australia, please help, I am very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You need to use Hyperterminal to set the password I have misplaced the details will post as soon as I find Them. Alan.

Hi Allan, how do you set up the password via Hyper Terminal? i think when the paging modem try to make a connection to Telstra, it has to send the password every time. Have you ever worked with this paging modem before? Thanks