Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmrcalin

fault slc 500

3 posts in this topic

I have a problem with a slc500/04.When I connected the power supply to the plc, all the leds of the CPU are blinking and I can´t go to on line because rslinx don´t find any node. ¿why does it pass? ¿where or which is the fault? thanks

Try disconnecting the battery, then clear the onboard memory capacitor by shorting the pair of pads marked VBB & GND (located on circuit board) using a screwdriver, this will wipe the processor and usually brings it back to life. Of course you need a copy of the original software to download to the PLC as the PLC will lose its program.

Are ALL of the lights blinking, or just the CPU and DH+ lights? If this is new out-of-the box, the CPU light will flash red as to indicate no program has been loaded. If it is not new, but has been powered down for a period of time and the battery has expired, the program that was on it would be lost and give you the same indications. If the battery is dead, the Battery light should be on solid. How are you trying to connect to the CPU? Are you using a PKTX or PCMK card in your PC, or are you attempting to connect serially over the DF1 port (Chan 0)?