Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starbuc84

Connecting to Dh 485

7 posts in this topic

So it is my understanding i can connect to the data highway on a slc 5/04 and on a panel view. I am talking of mainly on the 3 wire plug. So does how anybody know the pin out for the cable on a PCMK cable. I have the one with the rj 45 end and also one with the round end. I would thnk that i could wire a plug to connect to the dh 485 3 wire plug from a cable with the rj45 end on it goping to the pcmk card thanks

You are not making it clear if you want to connect to DH+ or to DH485. The "RJ-45" style cable from the 1784-PCMK card is for plugging into DH485 networks. The round connector cable from the 1784-PCMK card is for plugging into DH+ networks. Post more about your cabling between the SLC and the PanelView and maybe somebody can help more.

Emphasis on MORE. There are many different ways to connect a PanelView to an SLC controller. You will have to post DETAILS about your connection before anyone will be able to help you. It is OK if English is not your native language, but it is not OK to expect Forum members to guess your question.

First problem, Panel view 600 with DH485 and RS232. Printer port enabled and can not get it to dis able on the panel view. I have been told I can not down on serial port if port is enabled. IT also known to me that I have to use the PIC setting in RS linx to down load over RS 232. Once I load the Pic in RS Linx it never allows me to " START IT"

Regarding the inablility to Start you PIC driver: 1) Is your DF-1 driver configured and running? If so, stop the DF-1 driver, then attempt to restart the PIC driver. 2) If this is not the case, shut down RSLinx and open the RSLinx Launch Control Panel. Un-check "Always Run As A Service" and restart Linx. Configure and start the PIC driver. Shut down Linx and reopen the Launch Control Panel, select "Always Run As A Service" and restart Linx. As for the PanelView RS-232 port - once you have been able to get the PIC driver running and can upload/download to and from the PanelView, you can set the RS-232 port for "Downloads" in PanelBuilder 32 software, then download the new config to the Pview.