Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Frank Walker

Communication Problems

3 posts in this topic

I'm talking history here, but can anyone help me with trying to upload a program from a Series 1 PLC to a Toshiba laptop running Logicmaster 1F in Dos. I can not communicate with the PLC. The manual calls for an IC630CCM390B (Series 3) Converter Unit and I'm using an IC655CCM590A (Series 5). Will the Series 5 converter work??? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The convertor should work, but it is a RS-422 convertor if I remember correctly. It will need a RS-232 adapter and a special cable as well. The note below might help you out a bit. The Diagnostic, Power, and possibly the Run lights should be lit. The Toggle switch should be in the online position, on DIP switch block one (toward top of unit) the only switches that should possibly be on are #6, 3, 2, and 1. DIP switch block two is used to set the station ID. This same address must also be used when settingup the link in Logicmaster. Zero is not a valid address. You must use a RS-422 converter such as FA-UNICON with the S2-25P-CVR adapter (Included with the FA-UNICON). It also helps to power up the PLC and DCU at the same time. NOTE: If the customer has a GE DCU, all GE DCUs are RS-422. If you need the RS-422 to RS-232 convertor mentioned in this note, you can get it at Automationdirect.com. Here is an application note that might help as well, although it is for an AutomationDirect PLC, it should work much the same way. Edited by rlp122

Somewhere along the line GE Fanuc renumbered the IC630CCM590 as the IC655CCM590, so you have the same same unit that the Series One manual is describing. Some things to check: Dip switches on the Series One Data Comm Unit The online/offline switch on the DCU The internal power/external power switch on the back of the DCU Is the computer's port set up correctly in Logicmaster?