Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest yogesh_n

communication

4 posts in this topic

Thursday November 11, 2004 7:11 AM hi i am stuck up with ab plc. my problem is with communication of plc. 1)plc microLogix1200 connected to AIC+ & pc is connected to AIC+ here if i load rs-232/df1 devices driver then i able to see plc in rslinx/rswhoem. i can download& run program on plc.there is no problem at all But if i used 1747-pic/aic+driver then i am not able to see any plc icon on rslinx/rs whoem. logically if i am using AIC+ & connect pc to PLC through AIC+.then i have to use 1747-pic/aic+driver then only i am able to communicate to other devices. but it is not happening ! pls help me out on this matter . also suggest me why this so? also if anybody have detail information about rslinx pls suggest me regards yogesh nandavikar

Wich version of Windows and RSLinx are you using? A few time ago, I found the same problem, and reviewing the release notes of RSLinx, that version (2.20) wasn't compatible to work with 1747-PIC @ Win2000. When I upgraded RSLinx to 2.30, this problem was fixed.

yogesh - your correct on the 2000 support. Links needs version 2.1 to operate correctly. guillencito - it seems your trying to communicate over a network, if so the DF1 is a peer to peer driver and is not built of more than two nodes. You can put three nodes on DF1 but not through two AIC+ modules. It seems what you have, should be a DH-485 network and you right the PIC driver should be used. I suggest isolating the network and getting online to the MicroLogix to see its port setting...probably its set up for DF1, change it o DH-485.

This is a common missunderstanding about the AIC+ it provides electrical isolation and signal conversion, it does not provide protocol conversion. In its default mode the micrologix uses DF1, so the driver you would use on the PC, even through a AIC+ is the DF1 driver. To get the networking function on the micrologix change the comm port setting of the micrologix to DH485. Turn off the micrologix, change your PC to use the AIC/DH485 driver and connect, then turn on the micrologix you should then see the micrologix and can then use the micrologix on a DH485 network. Note the micrologix has a fall back facility to allow communication using DF1 if the DH485 network fails or is disconnected at power up.