Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Return Servo To original Position

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a G5 Servo with Incremental Encoder being driven by a R88D KN04H-ML2. This might sound a stupid question but I have been positioning the Ball Screw that is driven by the G5 Servo by means of two Reed Switches so when set position is reached the Forward Reed Switch sends the Ball Screw back and when the Back Reed Switch is reached it sends the Ball Screw forward, I have been advised against using this method so have tried using Position Complete bit but the Servo stops in its Home position after one movement. Can someone please tell me the best way to programme the Servo to move forward and back. I use Omron Function Blocks for Relative Movement. Many Thanks

So your question is not about moving the servo to Home right? Because the title is quite misleading.   Without using Limit Switches, you just order the servo to relative move Forward for certain pulses. If the instruction has been completed, the Positioning Complete Flag should turn On, call the Reverse movement. With the same concept, after Positioning Complete Flag turn On again, you call again the Forward movement. You should calculate the amount of pulse required to travel forward and reverse.   Also if the Home has been  defined, I suggest you to use the Absolute Movement and not the Relative Movement. It is way easier, since you directly input your target position relative to the Home (position 0). By Relative Movement, sometimes you need to recalculate the target position, because it counted from the servo's current position.  

Many Thanks Innoaloe, I did indeed use the Absolute FBs one to send to position and one set to 0. My Home FB was needed to set the Encoder and I use Position Complete bit 2025.05. I will use a Reed Switch as Forward Limit.