Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendaiyu

Need help on 1769-HSC card and the shaft encoder?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, guys, how going? Could you give me a help on my small project? One part of the project is that we want to use a shaft encoder (part number: 15S-20M8-0360NV1R3PP-J00-S1) to monitor the height of the blade. We already finished 1768-L43 controller and I/O cards configuration. Then we simulated the program and it worked well. I got 1769-HSC card today. Could you tell me how to wire the card to/from shaft encoder? How to set up, program this HSC card in Logix5000? Like if the encoder is on clockwise rotation, counter number should be up, otherwise, the number should be down. Thanks for your help. Edited by wendaiyu

Google "1769-HSC" and download the manual 1769-UM006 It will give the best information. Make sure to read everything. Your encoder seems to have (according to the model number) a push-pull output with 5VDC power. Connect the common to the terminals A0-, B0- and Z0-. Connect the A, B and Z outputs to A0+, B0+and Z0+ respectively. If the counting is not in the direction desired swap the A and B connections. Don't forget to set the CtrnEn (Counter n Enable) bit or you will get no counting. (I know, I've forgotten a couple of times.) Edited by b_carlton

Thanks a lot, my friend.   When I configure 1769-HSC, I should select Encoder X1 on Operation Mode, right?    

Yes, X1 would be fine though X2 and X4 should be available for greater precision.