Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzzmethru

Analog I/O module problems

4 posts in this topic

Hi I have been trying to make the attached program work but so far I have had no success. I am using a CPM1-30CDR-A expanded with a CPM1A-MAD01 I/O module. I am having problems reading from the I/O unit to the plc. I am not concerened with the PT display of the analog module ... more that I cannot resolve the address to read to/from the I/O unit. (see Section probe_1 in program). I have attached the following program which I am trying to use with a 4-20mA temp. transmitter coupled to the I/O unit. I can find no indication of an output relating to the I/O module using CX Prog and monitoring the Memory usage.I have checked the 4-20mA loop and it is fine. I would be very greatful if someone could look at my program (attached) and tell me what Im doing wrong. Thanks so much ... db temp_prb1.cxp

On first scan, you need to move the input range code for 4-20ma (#FF06) to the first output word of the module. temp_prb1_1.cxp

If all else fails, read the..... MAD01 Manual CPM1A_MAD01.pdf

Hi Jay thanks so much for your help... I have taken your wise advice also and read the manual you offered ... I can only thank you again.