Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OllieDeely

1784-U2DHP Problem connecting

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to connect my laptop to an AB PLC logix5 software using a 1784-U2DHP cable. I have RSLinx version 3.6. I have followed the installation instructions step by step but it still will not allow me to connect. My com port is correct but not sure what to set the station number to. I have a solid green USB light and solid pwr light and a flashes green DH+ light. I know 100% that the communication rate I have selected is correct and my DH+ cable is being used for the first time. (New) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The most common problem is selecting the comm port the 1784-U2DHp took. Check device manager if not sure. If using the DF1 driver in RSLinx make sure you use 1770-KF2/1785-KE/SCANport. for the device type in RSLinx. I always like to use a very high number for the node address just to make sure its out of the way "77" should work. If you have the offline file you can check this baud rate and node address of the PLC. Also verify that the PLC's port is in fact setup for DH+ protocol and not RIO. A helpful how-to if you nedd it.. Edited by Mickey