Youssef2015

slc5/04 send sms using modem gprs wavecom

5 posts in this topic

Dear Sir i have PLC Allen Bradely SLC5/04 conncted with modem GPRS wavecom by cable RS232 , i wish to send sms to phone from this PLC i set up the communication in the modem and also in PLC , in programm by RSlogix there is instructions AWT to send data i downloaded some example programm RSlogix describe how to send sms using command AT and instructions AWT but i don't understand relation between ATW and ST9 and R6 and B3 and N7 please i need you help

In the sample that you downloaded, the modem that was used supports "AT" modem commands. This is something that is part of the modem. In this case, a US Robotics modem was used. Do you know if your GPRS Wavecom modem supports "AT" commands? Here is what I mean, here is a reference: http://michaelgellis.tripod.com/modem.html Then PLC sent "AT" commands to the modem to take remote control of it.

Thank you so much Mr Chris , about this modem it is famous modem wavecom , it support "AT Command " i used it before with plc siemens S7-400 ,it work nice with command AT and script in wincc explorer now i want to use it with plc Allen bradley SLC5/04, in programm created by rslogix 500 the "AT command" is included to send sms to phone i understand the settings of communication in PLC and in modem to communicate between them, also i understand the instruction of sending message in Rslogix AWT but i don't understand the relation between instruction AWT and data file (R6) and data file (ST9 ) and (B3) thank you very much

Take a look here: http://www.plcdev.com/book/export/html/431 For an explanation of R, ST, and B registers in a 500 series PLC. I am sure someone else in the forums has a better resource somewhere else.

Hello Sir

now i can send sms from plc SLC5/04 to phone using wavecom modem , i tested to send from phone to PLC i don't see any information saved in ST9

i add the ACL and ARD instructions but no buffer readed by PLC

please i wish to know how can i read the buffer of wavecom using insctructions rslogix500 

thank you Sir