AutomationNewbie

Factory talk view SE 6.10 User login and logout

2 posts in this topic

I have a question about Factory talk view SE 6.10. Currently, I am building a program that needs to allow different users access to different pages. This user will need to have a login name and have it displayed on the screen. Also, I would like for this to be recorded into a file so I can know who (which user) made charges to the interface program at a certain time period. Please let me know if you can help me out on this.

Here are some things to get you started... 1. Configure your users. In the tree to the left, open 'Users and Groups'. Here you can add users and optionally add them to a group. Groups may be helpful if you have many users with the same privileges. 2. If you choose to use the 'Security Code' method, open the 'Runtime Security' near the top of the tree. Add your users or groups then select / deselect security letters. These will be used in a function you choose for screen or button accessibility. 3. For example, right click on a button then choose Animation > Visibility. Choose Expression then Functions then select Security. Here you have three options for setting the security. 4. Login / Logout. This is done simply by adding a Login and Logout button from the Objects menu item. 5. I'm not sure about the recording portion. I'm sure it can be done at least by VBA script and using the CurrentUserName() function. When you get this far you can post back with more questions. Edited by IO_Rack