Worx10r

Need Help. I need a program written

15 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm looking for someone that is willing to write a program for me. I built a machine that uses a Micrologix 1000 with RSLogix Micro software it has four pneumatic cylinders and a pneumatic drill and i'm stuck so I really need someone to help me and I will take care of them for doing it.

What do you have? Where are you located? Got any pics?

Hello, I would love to take a look at it, need more information though.
1 person likes this

This sounds, of course, like a homework problem. Post details if you want to do this as a community project, or you can hope that somebody has time and inclination to write you a program under contract.

Come on Ken, can't we have a little fun
1 person likes this

Hi, I wish this was just homework, its actually a job that I took on about 12 years ago at my old tool and die shop-that I lost due to a head injury from a motorcycle accident. The equipment is owned by a man that just put into storage after picking it up from the shop when I lost the business, I ran into him and when I asked about he told me that he never had it finished so I told him I'd like to try and finish it for him and he agreed. I really thought I'd be able to program it but I'm having trouble, mainly with pneumatic cylinders (trapped signal) issues, so I'm reaching out for help. I posted a crappy video on YouTube https://youtu.be/Y-MIHCYWJes for a guy I contacted from youtube because he was going to help me out then he bailed on me.

I really hope you are planning on guarding around all of that !!

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. I hung up my leathers a few years ago. I watched the video and here's what I came up with for the I/O list: Selector Switch 1: Open All (I:0/3) Selector Switch 1: Clamp for Processing (I:0/5) Start Pushbutton Saw Down Limit Switch Saw Up Limit Switch Clamp 1 Closed Prox Switch Clamp 1 Open Prox Switch Clamp 2 Closed Prox Switch Clamp 2 Closed Prox Switch Air Drill Retracted Prox Switch Feed Cylinder Forward Limit or Prox ? Feed Cylinder Retracted Limit or Prox ? Saw Spindle Run output (relay/ contactor ?) Saw Extend output (valve ?) Saw Retract output (valve ?) Drill Spindle Run output (valve ?) Drill Extend output (valve ?) Vise Cylinder 1 Extend Vise Cylinder 1 Retract Vise Cylinder 2 Extend Vise Cylinder 2 Retract Feed Cylinder Extend Feed Cylinder Retract You at least need to be able to address all the inputs and outputs, and describe the output types, before you can start programming. And of course you need a good description of operational sequence. You walked through that fairly well in the video, but I'd like to have all the components more clearly named so we're sure we're talking about the clamps and positions in the correct way. You need to do a formal safety assessment of the machine, so you can decide what the hazards are and how you're going to use guarding and controls to reduce those hazards. My instinct is that you would want a minimum of a two-hand control relay, so that the operator needs to be standing over at the control console with both hands away from the machine before it executes a drill and cut cycle. An emergency stop button is good, but it's not enough to keep an operator (or a damaged selector switch, or a programming error) from running the hazardous elements of the machine while somebody's hands are in the way.
1 person likes this

eally appreciate you taking a look at this for me, thank you So much. I will make this as safe as I can, the E-stop is hardwired to kill the controller and Im going to install an inline dump switch (as soon as I locate one) so when the E-stop is hit all air pressure to the machine is expelled. I:0/0 Switch A I:0/1 Stop PB I:0/2 Switch B I:0/3 Manual I:0/4 Start I:0/5 Auto I:0/6 NO sensor-Fixed Vise-Open/retracted I:0/7 NO sensor-Fixed Vise-Clamped/extended I:0/8 NO sensor-Feed Vise-Open I:0/9 NO sensor-Feed Vise-Clamped I:0/10 NO sensor-Feed Vise Carriage-Part length I:0/11 NO sensor-Feed Vise Carriage-Home I:0/12 NO sensor-Saw up-Start Position I:0/13 NO sensor-Saw Down-Finished Cutting I:0/14 NO sensor-Drill Up-Start position Outputs: The manifold i am using is a Parker pneumatic double solenoid 4 way 2 position O:0/0 Saw on O:0/1 O:0/2 I had this going high then low in order to get the pressure off of O:0/3 so that the drill can run through its cycle. O:0/3 Drill start-Signal needs to go low after approximately half second then O:0/2 needs to go high then low in order to allow the drill to cycle. The drill is a pneumatic ARO unit that only requires a pilot signal to perform a cycle O:0/4 Saw Retract O:0/5 Saw Feed O:0/6 Feed Vise Carriage-Start Position O:0/7 Feed Vise Carriage-Part Length O:0/8 Feed Vise-Open O:0/9 Feed Vise-Clamped O:0/10 Fixed Vise-Opened O:0/11 Fixed Vise-Clamped Manual Mode: When the manual switch I:0/3 is turned on (regardless of the condition of the cycle) ,outputs O:0/5 (saw retract), O:0/7 (Feed Vise Carriage-Part Length), O:0/8 (Feed Vise-Open) and O:0/10 (Fixed Vise-Open) need to go high then low, Inputs Sensors I:0/14 (Drill Up), I:0/6 (NO Fixed Vise-Open), I:0/8 (Feed Vise-Open) and I:0/11 (NO Feed Vise Carriage-Home)will need to be high for the cycle to start (unless you have a better way, I just want the manual position to offer the operator a place to load the material and a reference that the cycle can start from). Auto mode: I need a timer on each Output (3 second delay) 1) Turn auto switch (I:0/5) on and press start switches (I:0/4 wired in series), feed vise clamps O:0/9 2) Fixed Vise Clamps( O:0/11) 3) Drill (O:0/3) cycle is initiated with short air burst and monitored by NO sensor I:0/14 4) Start saw motor (O:0/0) 5) Feed Saw (0/5) 6) Retract saw (O:0/4) 7) Fixed vise opens (O:0/10) 8) Feed Vise carriage moves to the start position (O:0/6) 9) Fixed Vise clamps (O:0/11) 10) Feed vise opens (O:0/8) 11) Feed vise carriage retracts to part length (O:0/7) back to the first step. Let me know what else you need, I believe I have given you most-all of it

Hi Worx10r, I think it is advisable to include a HMI in your machine to allow you to re-adjust times or events for the automatic cycle and also to show the machine condition in case the auto cycle is interrupted due to a malfunction. You can utilize a small PanelView component for this. I would like to know what this means exactly Good luck! Bye

I meant that I would give someone $80 to write a working program for me

Thanks for answering. Please don't take it the wrong way but in this case my offer will be to collaborate with you from the forum for free. Can you post your circuit diagram? (A handwritten sketch will do) Can you post what you have programmed so far?
1 person likes this

Also if you are willing to give the location is the machine someone may be close enough to give you a hand.

Can you give me an example of a hand drawn circuit diagram, i'm not sure how to draw them properly. Thank you

Sounds like you have the control narrative pretty well figured out, just need to program the sequence of events/process. Forum is a good place to get the help! Off in the weeds for a moment, I would advise the posting above to read instead of vise one clamped, the outputs should be vise 1 clamp command. I've been bit more than once when the tech read the narrative during a trouble-shooting and really got confused. Look forward to the follow up of this!