Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wards

E710 HMI Firmware

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've been lurking around here for a while but now I thought I'd give posting on here a try! I'm using a couple of dozen E710 HMIs (of various ages) ranging from v4 to v6 firmware, whenever I programme the HMIs I set the E-Designer software to v4 in order to cover all units. This has been trouble free for a couple of years, however I went to upload a new programme but the guy who wrote it set the E-Designer software to v6 and used all of the new features! Is there anyway I can update the HMIs to be the latest firmware? It gets worse, I went to the Beijers website, downloaded what I thought was a new driver, uploaded it to the HMI and now the HMI's locked up and won't do anything!!! Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Don't put the Beijers firmware in the Mitsubishi screens... someone told me that's bad... Use System Loader in your E-Designer software and upload the firmware you can download at www.e-terminals.com to upgrade the terminal's firmware version. I just did an E910 and it took nearly 20 minutes, so expect it to take a while.

Thanks Chris It's all done now, I found by pressing F1+F2+F4 on power-up you get a system menu, I ran a check and this atleast stopped the HMI from being locked up, phew! I've run the System Loader and uploaded the .bin file from Beijers and now it's to the latest version!! Thanks for your help.......just got to upload the other 29 or so HMIs now

I know the topic is very old but I'm facing a similar problem with an old E900. My problem is more sever since I even don't have HMI tools and the system loader. I only have E-Designer V7.01 installed. I downloaded the binary file of the operating system from Mitsubishi website but can't figure out how to program it into the terminal. I appreciate if some body can send me the system loader software.