Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

G5 Servo Runs Without Command

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I use a NC271 Single Axis card to conyrol a R88D-KN0H-2ML Drive with a G5 Servo Motor. It has recently been away to Omrons Repair Cenre in Holland where the Drive and Motor were tested and ran okay. I have wiired up and now as soon as I Servo Lock it the Motor turns. I have disabled the Position and Velocity Commands so cant understand it. Maybe the NC271 is damaged. Has anyone ever had similar problems. I will put the Drive back to default Settings Delete the NC271 and reinstall Thanks

Does it rotates constantly after being locked? If so, my opinion is that the JOG bit might be turned ON together with the LOCK bit. Thus causing the servo motor to move. I noticed you had disabled the Velocity Command. By this, do you mean by disconnect the JOG bit connection, or just by clearing the Speed Command memory area? It seems impossible to me if the cause is a broken NCF module, because unlike the pulse type, communication failure will occur and stops the servo, instead of causing it to turn.