Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris12345

timer to run in hours no ms

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, firstly apologies if this is down on the very basic end of matters but have very only a basic knowledge regarding PLC's and for 99% of what normally do that is fine. I have however recently needed to make some changes to a system operated by Omron PLC control, system was requiring reset by user 2-3 times a day (due to product variate rather than hardware failings) and customer asked if this could be done automatically, I have now set using CX programmer for the system to automatically reset 3 times after issues on product delivery and if issue remains after 3no resets to create a user fault, that all works well but what I can not work out is a way to add a timer into control that will reset my fault counter once every 24hrs, the single largest timer appears to work based on 100ms and that would require 84600ms, not only does the PLC not accept that it seems excessive way to sort issue. Is there a timer working using hours or even minutes, or can I create output based on PLC clock to reset, say at midnight everyday ? Again sorry if this is basic stuff but we all need to start somewhere. Thanks in advance.

Omron's current PLC offerings and some of the legacy PLCs have Real Time Clocks. You can program it to reset at say midnight each day. If you provide the PLC type, I can provide more details.

HI Michael, I shall get the model, many thanks.

That model does in fact have a real time clock. Here are the addresses used: The logic to do what you want might look something like this:

Michael, Many thanks top top man, all sorted now customer very happy. Best regards, Chris.