Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

CJ1W-MAD42

5 posts in this topic

Hello I am trying to display the following two values on a NS 8 Screen. A Voltage of a HV Power supply approx 13000 volts and B Current of the same HV Power Supply The voltage is fine I have used Input 1 on a MAD42 Card connected to my CJ1M and through configuring my NS I have acheved the correct resding. Not sure how to display yje current reading. The Power Supply has a I Monitor which when I connect a Multimeter switched to mVolts gives a reading of 10 mVolts. The document for my Power Supply states that the I Monitor is mVolts/mAmps 1000/1. Is it best to use Input 3 which states that it converts to mA or Input 2 which just converts mVolts. Am new to this card so not sure. Regards

The lowest scale available on the MAD42 module is 0-5vdc or 0-20ma. These are actually the same scale with a 250 ohm resistor connected in parallel by a switch to read the current. 20ma through that 250 ohm resistor results in a value of 5 volts into the input. The 10mv value from your power should be equal to .01 amps according to your power supply documentation.

Okay thanks so I guess that the best result would be obtained by using Input 3 switched to Current. Is there a way of holing the current reading as the current reading is periodic. Regards

The MAD42 does have a peak hold function that you could use. It requires some bit toggling to do it. The peak hold function is described in section 9-6 of the W345 manual.