Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
navaneet

Copying or Moving String

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, I like to Copying or Moving a Message (alphabets) to String. For example if it is any fault in VFD then the message like "VFD Fault" will move to a string variable or if it is any other fault then the related message will move to the same string variable. If I use move instruction for numerical value, then the entered number moves to related variable. But if I use "Alphabets" and String variable in Move or Copy instruction then it is giving error. Please anyone guide me what is the way to do... Best regards, N Krishnan.

Hi, I am sorry, I forgot to mention two important things, One is I am working on RSLogix 5000. Another one is This is not moving one string to another string. If it is like that I can use COP or ASCII instruction. But I like to copying or moving "Alphabets" to string variable directly like entering number and moving that to Variable. Is it any way to do like that in RSLogix 5000...? Regards, N Krishnan.

If you are talking about individual characters being placed together as a string the the concat instruction may be the answer, to be honest your description is a bit vague, I'm not sure what you mean about the term "Alphabets". Steve

You cannot copy or move a quoted set of ASCII characters (a string constant) into a string tag at runtime. During design set up the individual strings you wish to use then, at runtime,COPy each into the target string tag. Also at runtime you may allow users of an HMI to use appropriate objects to enter strings for use