Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bbeenn

Seeing PLC5 on Linx through DH+ from SLC 5/04

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, first post here, I'm an automation student and I'm having problems with a lab at school. The assignment is to connect to a SLC 5/04 via RS-232 and create a read/write program (using MSG instruction) to read/write data to a PLC5 connected to the SLC with DH+. I can't figure out how to configure it to allow communication to the PLC5 over the DH+ and see the PLC 5 on Linx. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming the purpose of the exercise is to learn, I'll just give you a few pointers. First, make sure to read the instruction help (F1 or help menu), that will get you started. There are several other help related help articles that should be linked to. Second, assuming you have the hardware available, try stuff. When you get errors, look them up and try to understand why you get them. Look for code samples online. Once you've struggled a bit, post what you've got here. A screen shot of the MSG settings would be the most telling. Using the MSG instruction in RS Logix 5 or 500 sometimes seems more like an art than a science, but there is a structure to it.