Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JMFS

Micro1400 & FactoryTalkView w/ PanelView + Compact 600

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! I am new at this forum, and new too in automation, I left college in June, so I am very fresh in this area. Right now I am doing changes in a program, a old program that is controlled by a Micro1400 and has an HMI PanelView+Compact 600. I have made changes but, I have a feeling that, when I try to download the project to PLC and HMI, problems will appear.. Why? because I never have worked with any of this equipments, and I have a little afraid of some problems in communication with PLC-HMI, because of new tags and etc. I have been careful, and i do not write off any existing tag, I only add tags for new alteration. So, what I really want to know, is, if there is someone, who can give me some tricks or tips, to be more successful, in this project. Problems are normal, but if I can prevent, or know how to solve if it appears, its more easy! :) ?thank you so much.

First, make a backup copy of the original program (upload from the PLC). Next, make sure you can communicate with the Micro1400 and PanelView. You should be able to see the Micro1400 in RSLinx. Now you are ready to download to the PLC. If there are issues and the PLC faults, etc. write down the error message. As long as you have a backup copy of the code you should be ok, you can download the original code to the PLC if needed.