Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cmorales

Need help to use Mitsubishi PLC FX3U using RTC

3 posts in this topic

Hi I'm trying to find a funtion to program PLC FX3U, need to control lunch breaks on 2 work shifts. I looked programing manual, and did test using time compare function and it worked, but there are like 15 set of times that need to trigger a ringing bell. I hope you can give me a clue on this request. Regards

Although it can quite easily be done with an FX3U, in my experience they are not much use for work shift break times. Unless you have a method of regularly updating the exact time from a server or manually entering the exact time. Why? - the FX clock drifts horribly and if the workers breaks are starting later/earlier every day it soon causes uproar. I have done exact time functions for things like blowing down the air before a shift starts to clear water from the air lines and unchecked the times were out by nearly an hour within one year. You can buy dedicated shift buzzer time-clocks and they are very accurate and once programmed need to more attention or alterations.

Thanks Sparky, you're right Our system just broke and I was trying to help by using a spare plc that we use for machines.