Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abishur

Wonderware/Intouch and Modicon M340

3 posts in this topic

I'm attempting to access an M340 through the DASMBTCP driver using Intouch v11. To test my communication settings I've created a basic screen in window maker and configured a some test tags of various types (bools, ints, reals, strings). The Booleans (I/O Discrete) works perfectly, so does the I/O Integer, but things just go haywire when I try the I/O Message (strings) and the I/O reals. For the I/O Message instead of showing me the text of the sting I've created it shows me a random number. For the I/O Real it will show me either the lower register value or the upper register value (the M340 uses two memory word registers to store a single real), but it will not show me the unified real value regardless of if I select "Use Concept Data Structure (Reals) on the configuration page in the System Management Console for the PLC I'm interfacing. Has anyone run into this before?

Immediately aftering posting this I realized that I had to put an F after the register number for it to treat it like a float. But I'm still lost on how to get it to recognize the string. Edited by abishur

Im no wonderware guy but If you have to put a F after the tag for reals then the same would apply for a string. S or something. Just look in the Dasmtcp driver help