Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

ControlLogix Ethernet Modules SMTP Mail Question

2 posts in this topic

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I am wondering if anyone has actual practical expereince. I have a Rack with a single 1756-ENBT V4.x Module and three 1756-L6x CPU. Can each CPU send and email thru the ENBT or am I limited to 1 message at a time. I would suspect that since the sending is a feature of the ENBT that it would be 1 at a time. Anyone tested something similiar?

From the documentation on the ENBT module: If you enable more than 16 MSGs at one time, some MSG instructions may experience delays in entering the queue. To guarantee the execution of each message, perform one of these tasks:• Enable each message in sequence.• Enable the messages in groups.• Program a message to communicate with multiple modules.• Program logic to coordinate the execution of messages See Manual Page 73 Since the SMTP uses the MSG instruction, I don't see it as any different than any other MSG instruction. If you flood the card with MSGs, it will cause delays and problems. You can probably send simultaneous (not exactly simultaneous... the card will queue the instructions and run them sequentially, but the delay would be inconsequential) emails from all three CPUs, as long as you keep it below the 16 limit. Best of luck! Edited by MrAutomation