Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RobertL

AB 1746-NO4/A module Replacement

3 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, I need to replace an AB 1746 -NO4/A SLC-500 Analog Output Module, it's giving me inaccurate signals to the VFD that controls the speed of the main motor. I have uploaded the application program but I don't know if this particular module needs to be reprogrammed before it's inserted into the chassics. How the processor will recognize it? Does anybody can help me with this procedure? Any help will be highly appreciated.

There is a 1746-NO4I and a 1746-NO4V. There is nothing to configure on each of those, so check "Switch1" (SW1) on the module to make sure its in the same position as the old one. ( this selects "External" or "Backplnae" power for the module. Power down and change the module and power back up. The module needs to be in the I/O configuration, but that should already be there. Post your .RSS file, someone can check to see if there is programming that writes to the module's output word controlling the amount it outputs. If you don't see this in the program. Edited by Mickey